Municipal Bonds for America is a non-partisan coalition of municipal bond issuers and State and local government officials combined with senior leadership at regional broker dealers working together to explain the many benefits of the traditional municipal bond market, highlighting the tax-exemption which enables State and local governments to finance vital infrastructure at the lowest cost to their taxpayers while maintaining the integrity and value of the municipal bond market and providing the highest quality investments for municipal bond investors. Particularly in the context of broad-based tax-reform, the coalition is committed to advancing proposals that protect the interests of taxpayers, investors, and state and local governments. The coalition strongly believes by bringing together key stakeholders the municipal market will demonstrate its soundness and stability; will represent the unique interests of the municipal bond market community; and will continue to provide the lowest cost of finance for State and local governments nationwide.
- Municipal Bonds for America works to encourage the creation and preservation of low-cost financing options for State and local governments to fund essential capital improvement projects.
- Municipal Bonds for America is committed to setting the record straight and accurately portraying current conditions and challenges faced by municipal bond issuers.
- Municipal Bonds for America believes in responsible, fairly applied regulation that strengthens confidence in the municipal market while not being too burdensome.
- Municipal Bonds for America will provide a unified advocacy voice to promote and defend the municipal bond market during discussions of comprehensive Federal tax reform
- Municipal Bonds for America will help educate the media, Federal legislators and policy makers to accurately tell the story of municipal finance and the benefits to taxpayers, investors, and state and local governments
- Municipal Bonds for America members will help draft and author op-eds and letters to the editor regarding issues of interest to the municipal bond market
- Municipal Bonds for America members will assist in drafting white papers for Capitol Hill staff and Federal policy makers to ensure the integrity and viability of the municipal bond market.